Friday, March 02, 2012

This probably isn't public blog-material, but this is just special enough that I had to share.  My Sister is staying with us for a while with her children.  Those children hung out with me in my computer room/office thing while I worked and read and drew pictures.  Seriously - no television, no movies, a little music, and a couple YouTube videos.  I'm especially proud of the reading. 

Children today, well, people today - including these people, don't read enough, in my opinion.  Heck, I don't read enough, in my opinion.  Sounds mean to say, but that's just the way it is.  I got told today that someone should only read things he or she knows about already.   That means no astronomy if you don't know astronomy, no history if you don't know history, etc.  Sure, it was a kid saying it, but it was still said.  Sigh...

- Jim