Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Do you want to know how to triple the amount of visits to your Blog?  Just title a post "Facebook".  Yeah, I don't understand it either.

I'm not going to dwell on it too much longer, but I just wanted to point out that I'm not giving up Facebook, I'm just redesignating what I use it for.  Facebook will simply be less, period.  Less about me, less about my interests, less about my time.  In some ways it's like the street vendor scenario I described earlier, and in others it's like a library where the librarian develops new experiments in book sorting.  Sure, there are gems there, but they are so hard to find that more work is needed to gain smaller and smaller returns.

And yes, I already block all messages about games and applications.  Otherwise the mess would be far worse.

I do have a Google+ account, but I really don't see that going anywhere at the moment.  There is just so little activity and so few people combined with so little to do that it just isn't worth my time.  I check it once a week to make sure nothing has changed, but since everyone in my circles is already on Facebook, there just isn't any new material.  Or any material at all for that matter. 


I'm not interested in internet fighting anymore, but I dislike the fact that people interpret my silence as a point for their argument.  To be honest, I just don't care.  The old saying about an internet argument holds true - even if you somehow "win", you lose, and winning is impossible.

Nah, I'm currently content with this flow of events. 

- Jim