Saturday, February 25, 2012

Another short post, many of the nephews and nieces are over, and the things I do are pretty limited.  Well, that's not quite accurate, but they're not the things I'd originally planned to do.  We got to watch Band of Brothers on Thursday, so I can't really complain.

Anyway, I ordered a couple books and a cheap set of computer speakers.  The computer speakers were REALLY cheap and I ended up having to order the books so that I could get free shipping.  I've mentioned before that free shipping is probably a scam to get me to order more, but it's like a prize, and I must win it.

Heh.

Anyway, I got Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare, which was a favorite book of mine back in elementary school.  I have this vague notion that someday, with the right combination of books in my personal library, I can turn these kids into readers.  When I fail that, I will at least have some books that are pretty easy to read in a couple hours or so.  I also got The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.  Despite the fact that I read all the time, it bothers me that I've read so little of anything remotely considered classic.  I didn't realize it was so short though.  Wow.

Anyway, that's about it.  Unless you wanted to hear about my knee.  Hello?  Hello?  I thought so.

- Jim