Monday, May 27, 2013

This is kinda pathetic, I'm sure.  But, it's a big thing to me.

Nearly a hundred years ago, or actually... 12?  I started playing StarCraft.  That's not quite true, but it's close enough.  I had it for a while, tried to play it, but couldn't find the time to invest in it to become interested in it.  In short, it wasn't until I got to college that I was into StarCraft.

Over the years, college interfered, girlfriends, moving, deaths, the year of hell, etc.  I stopped for a long time after my brother died, merely because I was playing the game while he was dying, though I didn't know it at the time.  I felt pretty guilty about it.

Since I started writing my yearly resolutions/to do lists, StarCraft and StarCraft:  Broodwar have been on it.  Some of the time I "wasted" playing my own versions of my own games, some of the time I just spent making my own missions.  So, while it's been a long time, it hasn't been a very concerted effort.  Still, I finally finished it.  I'm pretty psyched.

Actually, over the past couple weeks, I've made a sustained effort and it's paid off.  I've gotten better to the point that the end mission was long, but wasn't as difficult as it had always otherwise been.

Anyway, I'm pretty proud.  So, I thought I would share.

- Jim