Saturday, July 28, 2012

On some level, one could call the last couple weeks a sort of vacation.  I did end up playing more video games than usual.  As a matter of fact, aside from a game of minesweeper or similar games, I'd mostly stopped playing before then.  I'm not complaining, but the impending deadlines that I set for myself became somewhat of an obsession with me.

But, with all the extra people around, and dogs, things just got too wild to do more complicated stuff.  I can't read with other people around.  Really.  I gave up on the hard stuff early on - I know better.  So, I took a look at the incredibly long list of books I had and picked an easy one - When the Tripods Came, by John Christopher.  I'd read it a couple times before, but this is MY copy now.  So, I figured I'd read it. 

Yeah no.  Even that's too complicated with everyone around.

Well, it's been a long couple weeks.  Most of the kids have gotten sick of hanging around here because we (mostly I) are "too boring".  In their defense, the kids have very little in the way of personal possessions.  They're tired of staying in a hotel during the nights and tired of being here during the days. The dogs on the other hand, are in here all the time.  I don't read with allergy headaches either, though I've tried.  And failed.  Cleaning might help, but it's hard to tell.  First, there's no way to clean faster than they shed.  Second, cleaning kicks up about as many allergens as not cleaning does.

Well, if things work out, they'll be getting their own place as early as Monday.  It may take a day or two to get fully moved in, but things look good in the direction.  They've gotten some of their things replaced.  Others, they'll have to work at. 

High hopes.

- Jim
But there is light at the end of the tunnel.  If everything works out, they're signing papers for a place on Monday.