Friday, May 04, 2012

May is never a good month.

Yesterday morning (Thursday), my Niece came home from work to find her dog being attacked by the pit bull from next door.  My Niece's dog was chained with a heavy logging chain while the other dog had the advantage.  Details are a bit sketchy, but the police weren't called until my Niece got there.

Her dog lived through the initial attack, though severely injured.  Despite heroic efforts by the vet, the dog passed away this morning.  The neighbor blames the chained up dog for being "aggressive".  Seriously.

On tomorrow (Saturday), it will mark six years since my Brother passed away at the age of 40.  I plan to mark the occasion as I usually do.

On the fifteenth, it will mark five years since my Mother passed away.

Yeah, this month sucks.

- Jim