Friday, May 25, 2012

I know that statistically speaking, May is no worse than any other month for tragedies and sorrow.  I know that it is superstitious to think so.  And yet, May is not my friend.

My 4th grade Sunday School teacher died.  I know it sounds odd, but he was one of the two people that got me really into the whole church thing.  I'm sure he had his flaws, but if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be as religious as I am today.  Why he put up with helping me as much as he did speaks wonders for his patience and dedication.

I'm not saying I was a bad kid, but there is always room for improvement.  It's one thing to try and help your own kids, or the popular kids.  It's another thing to help the kids that most of the rest of the church look down upon. 

He's a good guy.  The world is poorer for his passing, but I'm sure Heaven is much richer for it.

- Jim