Friday, October 14, 2011

I haven't written in a while.  Shortly after my last post, I decided I would start keeping track of how much I was writing each day - actual writing, not including notes.  Of course, this number would have included things that were later cut or changed, but it would be a way to keep track of actual progress.

I made one tweet about a six hundred word day, pretty paltry I admit, and then I hurt my wrist.  I'm not sure how I did it, but it is bruised and sore.  It finally got bad enough after a couple days that I resorted to using a brace to keep it immobile.  Because of the injury and then later because of the brace, I didn't write much at all.  I got a couple pages of notes done, but I can't type with the brace on and one-handed typing is just too slow and frustrating for me.  I've come a long way from my early days of computing, I guess.

Anyway, I've been keeping up with reading instead.  Hopefully my time is still being used as usefully as possible.

- Jim